Posting: January 13, 2017
CAIR-MI Safe Spaces Coordinator
CAIR-MI is seeking a highly motivated person for the Safe Spaces Coordinator position. The position entails the proactive implementation of policies and best practices at institutions in the public and private sectors to prevent religious discrimination as well as to reasonably accommodate religious observances.
The responsibilities will include:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed. The position will be part-time with some flexibility relating to office hours. Please submit a cover letter and resume to CAIR-MI Office Manager Nargis Rahman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAIR-MI Staff Attorney Position
Are you somebody that wants to change the world?
Do you want your work to be meaningful?
Does working on groundbreaking litigation excite you?
Do you enjoy legal strategy and researching constitutional issues?
The CAIR-MI Staff Attorney position may be for you.
Full-time Staff Attorney position with flexible hours and working location based on milestones and work completion.
The Staff Attorney will handle challenging civil rights cases in-house as well as representing the community in matters affecting civil rights such as FBI interviews. He/She will be creative in crafting causes of action to further the civil rights of our community. The Staff Attorney position has the potential to evolve into the Legal Director position as the caseload grows and legal staff is added. He/She will report to the Executive Director, The President of the Board, and the Director of the Legal Committee.
This position is for a team player who want to learn and challenge himself/herself. CAIR-MI often teams up with other organizations and firms to more effectively pursue the rights of our community and the Staff Attorney will be expected to facilitate that. CAIR-MI has contracted with a legal research service to provide support to this position and we have experienced legal advisors to assist as well.
Salary and Benefits:
Very competitive salary based on experience
Bonus for cases where CAIR-MI is awarded fees
1. J.D. or LL.M. from an accredited law school.
2. Licensed in at least 1 jurisdiction in the United States with the ability to be licensed in Michigan.
3. No disciplinary actions on record or pending.
We believe the following qualifications would be a good fit but if you are a licensed attorney and the above questions intrigued you please apply regardless of whether you have all or some of these qualifications:
1. First Chair trial experience
2. Law journal publication
3. Experience in civil rights, criminal, and immigration law
4. NITA certification or similar
5. Handled at least 3 litigation cases to conclusion (settlement or judgment).
6. Handled at least 10 depositions.
7. Written and filed at least 5 summary judgment motions.
8. Licensed with federal bar and a Circuit Court of Appeals
9. Filed at least 1 appeal with full briefing and filing of appellate brief (federal and state)
10. Handled at least 1 zoning appeals case
We welcome all those meeting the Minimum Qualifications to apply.
Please send a summary of qualifications, CV, or inquiries to CAIR-MI President Haaris Ahmad email@example.com.