CAIR-MI is seeking a highly motivated person for the Safe Spaces Coordinator position due to the upcoming departure of our current Safe Spaces Coordinator and Staff Attorney Warda Kalim.
The position entails the proactive implementation of policies and best practices at a institutions in the public and private sectors to prevent religious discrimination as well as to reasonably accommodate religious observances.
The responsibilities will include:
- Develop a timeline of work and goals for Safe Spaces initiatives.
- Research institutions to implement Muslim friendly policies and best practices.
- Arrange meetings with various institutions to implement Muslim friendly policies.
- Follow-up with and assist intuitions to implement Muslim friendly policies
- Develop and conduct sensitivity trainings and educate institutions on workplace and best practice policies.
- Provide information booklets and brochures on workplace and best practice policies.
- Communicate and network effectively with community members, leadership and boards to secure active community awareness, and support to create safe spaces.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed. The position will be part-time with some flexibility relating to office hours. Please submit a cover letter and resume to CAIR-MI Office Manager Nargis Rahman at firstname.lastname@example.org.